Beginning with the 2017-2018 school year, the Inter Valley Conference (IVC) has a new look!
Along with the previous nine schools, Buckeye Trail, Claymont, Conotton Valley, Indian Valley and Tuscarawas (Tusky) Valley were added to the League. With 14 schools, the IVC is arranged into two divisions – North and South:
North Division schools: Conotton Valley, East Canton, Malvern, Sandy Valley, Strasburg, TCC and Tusky Valley
South Division schools: Buckeye Trail, Claymont, Garaway, Hiland, Indian Valley, Newcomerstown and Ridgewood
Interesting facts about the new, league format:
- Season schedules are set for two years
- Each Division has their own league champion
- Each Division has their own 1st, 2nd and Honorable Mention individual players
- There are 12 league games per program with (anywhere from two to seven) “cross-over” or “inter-non-league” games played between the divisions
- To promote league unity, a “Showcase” day is scheduled at the end of the season for Volleyball and Basketball… where teams play their league counterpart – 7 vs. 7, 6 vs. 6, etc., in one day. The Volleyball Showcase is held at Indian Valley, Girls Basketball at Hiland and Boys Basketball at Claymont
The above format is planned through the completion of the 2018-2019 school year.